This high-end Designer Watch by Ulysse Nardin costs between 5-and-6 Figures.
It features a Flat Earth map with the North Pole at the center.
It also features a 'top-view' of the world - for when you want accuracy!
DESCRIPTION FOR ULYSSE NARDIN'S TELLURIUM:
The earth ...in it's 'true shape'. (See the 'flat earth' description of this time-piece HERE.)
"The Tellurium Johannes Kepler Limited wristwatch by Ulysse Nardin. This revolutionary timepiece is part of the Trilogy of Time collection.
(The Flat Earth) - 'This limited timepiece actually rotates the Earth, present on the dial, in its true shape as seen from a North Pole vantage point.'
There is also a function which shows which part of the Earth is lit by the sun and indicates the time and place of sunrise and sunset. There is also a moon on the dial which rotates around the Earth.
The intricate dial of the Tellurium J. Kepler Limited features an enamel cloisonne detail and is complimented with a beautiful blue alligator strap which matches the dial perfectly.
The Ulysse Nardin Tellurium J. Kepler is part of a Limited Edition Collection of only 99 pieces."
Here are the 'specs' for Ulysse Nardin's 'Moonstruck" -
LIMITED & NUMBERED EDITION OF ONLY 500 PIECES WORLDWIDE!
This watch features:
- Polished solid 950 platinum case.
- Blue ceramic bezel.
- Hand painted world featuring a top-view.
- Blue mother of pearl central disc.
- Blue mother of pearl outer disc with rose gold colored printed 24 hour indications.
- Rose gold filler engraved 12 hour index on the underside of the crystal.
- White gold skeletonized hour & minute hands with luminous filled tips.
- Astronomical complications:
- Sun: The sun is indicated in a rose gold emblem embedded on the outer disc & will indicate the location of the sun is in relation to the earth.
- Moon: The moon is indicated in on the inner dial disc & will indicate the location of the moon is in relation to the earth.
- Moonphase: The current Moonphase is visible via a porthole at the center of the moon location indicator. The waning & waxing of the moon will show in a blue or gold color.
- Date: The date is engraved & filled on the fixed blue ceramic bezel. The date is indicated using the large blued steel center hand with the luminous filled Arrow-Head tip pointing to the date.
- Tides: Neap & Spring Tide indications in printed in a dark blue rising-wave design. When the sun & Moon are aligned on the same or opposite sides of globe gravitational forces reinforce each other and cause a very high peak of the tide, a so-called “Spring Tide”. If the moon is located at an angle of 90 degrees from the sun, its gravitation compensates that of the sun and the result is an almost even distribution of the water on the earth, a so-called “Neap Tide".
Case: 18k Rose Gold or Platinum
Bracelet: Blue Leather
Dial: Hand painted Earth on mother of pearl
Certificate: Certificate of Authenticity
Warranty: 5 Year Warranty
Resistance: 100 Meters
Size: 46 mm
The last watch shown commemorates the Golden Hind, or Hinde, an English high seas galleon best known for her privateering circumnavigation of the globe between 1577 and 1580, captained by Sir Francis Drake.
You may click on a photo below to see a larger image, or to find out more about these beautiful and amazing timepieces. Gorgeous photo book of rare Nardin watches is also available HERE.