"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire"...
This classic Christmas song recalls that sentimental and nostalgic feeling of the holiday season.
You'll always know the holidays have arrived when the Roasted Chestnuts come out - so tasty & good!
Introduce your loved ones this holiday season to roasting savory chestnuts over a fireplace or campfire.
Recapture the magic of years gone by with this fun - and tasty - holiday family tradition recipe:
HOW TO ROAST CHESTNUT OVER OPEN FIRE:
- Clean, dry, and score each Chestnut
- Burn Fire in Fireplace down to Embers
- No Oil Needed (Chestnuts release oil roasting.)
- Place Chestnut in Single Layer in Pan.
- Cover w/Lid; Hold Over (but not in) Fire.
- After five minutes, Shake Chestnuts around.
- Repeat Process to Assure Even Roasting.
- Done & Tender in Approx. 25 Minutes.
- Cool for About 10 Minutes in Bowl w/Towel.
- Eat Plain or Dip in Butter & Cinnamon.
- Enjoy the holiday flavor and goodness!
ROASTING CHESTNUTS IS A GREAT NOVELTY TRADITION FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON -