Balance of Nature Supplement Ingredients / RDA / Nutrition / Phytonutrients / AND MORE
100% FRUITS & VEGGIES - NO ADDITIVES: No Added Sugar, No Fillers, No Stearates, No Binders, Just Fruits & Veggies Only
RDA: You can’t quantify RDA or full ‘vitamin’ content of natural plant ingredients. RDA is just the bare minimum to keep you alive.
- PHYTONUTRIENTS: There are many nutrients, such as phytonutrients, that have been discovered which are beneficial to human nutrition, but scientists admit that there many more that have not even been discovered yet.
- 100% REAL FOOD: Real plant-based food has so much more to offer than any extract or isolated individual or compound vitamin. Scientists have only just barely scratched the surface with what nutrients are in fruits, vegetables and other plants. By eating whole foods, you are getting so much more than an isolated substance.
- DOSAGE: There is a recommended dosage with BON because more would not be needed and would just be perhaps wasteful. You cannot ‘overdose’ however.
- WHEN TO TAKE: It is recommended to have the fruit capsule in the morning and the vegetable capsule in the afternoon. This is recommended by many dieticians as well. Fruits are light and cleansing as well as easier on the digestion. Vegetables are building on the other hand. There would not be a problem however with taking the Fruit & Veggie caps at the same meal.
- HOW TO TAKE: You can either take the capsules with water or juice, or you can open the capsules and sprinkle son smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal, or any other sweet or savory foods. Their website even claims that you can chew the capsules.
- WHO CAN TAKE? Their website also claims that BON is safe for all ages: Men, Women & Children. (Check w/ Physician if you are on any other medications or have a certain food allergy.)
- NATURAL VS SYNTHETIC: Vitamins bind to receptor sites, whether natural or synthetic. It’s best to get these nutrients in a natural form that the body recognizes and that it can use. Also, if you take conventional vitamins, the receptor sites can then be ‘blind’ to the preferred nutrients from whole foods.
- CERTIFICATIONS: All three Balance of Nature products are OU Kosher Certified. They are also 100% NON-GMO. All products contain produce that is grown, handled, processed, and certified to meet and exceed the requirements for using the USDA Organic seal.
- 'FRUITS' INGREDIENTS: Tomato, Papaya, Banana, Apple, Grape, Wild Blueberry, Strawberry, Aloe Vera Orange, Tart Cherry, Cranberry, Wild Blueberry, Grape, Apple, Grapefruit, Raspberry, Pineapple, Mango, Sweet Cherry, Lemon
- 'VEGGIES' INGREDIENTS: Broccoli, Spinach, Non-GMO Soybean, Green Cabbage, Wheatgrass, Kale, Cauliflower, Celery, White Onion, Zucchini, Garlic, Red Onion, Carrot, Cayenne Pepper, Shiitake Mushroom, Wheatgrass, Sweet Potato, Carrot, Green Onion
- OTHER INGREDIENTS: Only other ingredients is Vegetable Cellulose capsule – that’s it! No binders (such as No Magnesium Stearate, etc.), no fillers, no extracts,
- VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE & NON-GMO: 100 percent whole food, gluten-free and non-GMO with nothing added. Vegan, pesticide-free, third party tested.
- NUTRIENTS RETAINED: thirty-one flash dried fruits and vegetables, specifically selected for their combined effectiveness in strengthening the immune system, cell protection, and DNA repair and apoptosis.
- PACKING KEEPS PRODUCT FRESH: Flash freeze-dried, only water & air removed. The well-packed capsules keep out air so stay fresher than loose powder and are also more portable and easier to measure portions.
- MADE IN USA: Balance of Nature made in China? They're made in the United States with the highest manufacturing standards.
- FDA APPROVAL NOT APPLICABLE: Balance of Nature is not a 'drug', it is a dietary supplement, which is not subject to FDA approval, as with all dietary supplements.
- NO FAKE ENERGY: No Caffeine or other stimulants.
- ALL-IN-ONE: Takes the place of a multi-vitamin / mineral supplement, superfood powders, etc. (Please consult with your physician however if you have a certain condition which requires a vitamin or mineral isolate.)
- ALL-NATURAL: Extracts and isolates can be overwhelming to the body, but not whole food supplements
- LET FOOD BE YOUR MEDICINE: "Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food." – Hippocrates
- VITAMINS & MINERALS: All of the vitamins and minerals that naturally occur in fruits and vegetables are also in Balance of Nature. Nothing added or removed. There is a blend of 16 whole fruits and 15 whole vegetables in our Fruits & Veggies.
The bountiful and beneficial components of broccoli:
- Broccoli and other cruciferous veggies can significantly lower cancer risks https://www.uclahealth.org/news/broccoli-and-other-cruciferous-veggies-can-significantly-lower-cancer-risks
- “With broccoli, specifically, there is a high amount of a phytochemical called sulforaphane, which is a cancer-fighting plant compound that has been linked to reducing the risks of prostate cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer and oral cancers.”
- Sulforaphane is also found in other vegetables such as kale, cabbage and garden cress. It is also present in cauliflower.
Can eating more vegetables alter genetic diseases?Hundreds of studies completed since the 1990s have shown a substantially greater reduction in genetic disease risk among people who consumed large amounts of vegetables compared to those who did not.
- Carotenoids (antioxidants that protect you from disease and enhance the immune system)
- Vitamin C (protects your cells against free radicals)
- Glucosinolates (inhibit cancer enzymes and protect against inflammatory diseases)
- Folate; also known as vitamin B-9 (promotes cell growth and function)
- Dietary fiber (normalizes bowel movements; lowers cholesterol levels)
- Flavonols (reduces vascular disease)
Despite genetic components, Dr. Surampudi explained that we can control a lot of what happens with our bodies.
“Thirty percent relies on genetics. The other 70% is what we do to ourselves,” she said. “Diet and nutrition is one of those recommendations that should be discussed at every annual physical. Doctors should be checking if their patients are getting the right amount of servings of fruits and vegetables.”
Dr. Surampudi said it’s the consistent, healthy, small things we do that make a difference in our well-being. Developing habits such as eating five servings of vegetables and two servings of fruit per day can have astronomically positive effects on our bodies and overall health.